He served in many capacities for his church and was especially passionate about teaching Sunday School and researching Family History. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends who treasure the Kate Whitmore Obituary time they were blessed to have with him. Bob dedicated his career to education and wildlife as a Professor for over 30 Years at West Virginia University where he won the Teacher of the Year Award.
One of her many passions was playing in and directing hand-bell choirs at the churches she attended. Kate also loved Broadway and supported her communities and friends by attending local performances. https://www.wave-accounting.net/ She also volunteered her time and skills as an elder and church treasurer at various times. Kate completed her CPA in her later years, while under the stress of chemotherapy and radiation.
He also enjoyed collecting mechanical banks during his life. Bob had many hobbies and interests including wood working, gardening, model train and train club, listening to rock music and raising love birds. But his favorite thing to do was to spend time with his grandchildren. He was affectionately known as Gramps to his wonderful grandchildren who were the joys of his heart.
- Mrs. Cox had a very close relationship with her daughters and granddaughters.
- Whitmore appeared during the 1950s on many television anthology series.
- Mr. Knudsen had lived at his home in Moville for many years, but in recent years lived in the Kingsley Nursing and Rehab Center.
- Every memory left on the online obituary will be automatically included in this book.
- In 1979, Whitmore hosted a talk show of 22 episodes called simply Comeback.
- In her memory, donations can be made to North Shore Baptist Church, Chicago HOPES for Kids, or the Greater Chicago Food Depository, or another charity.
He and his family attended the Pierson Christian Church for many years, where Vern served as a deacon, board president and an elder. “I hope — and he hoped — that people recognize all the work that he did for saving the areas in the Sierra Nevada that he loved,” she said. Whitmore and his wife met at a Sierra Club hike and later married in 1979. Nancy, 76, described her husband as non-judgmental, a hard worker and kind to all. And before contracting the virus, she said he never slowed down.
Kate L Whitmore, age 70
In 2003, Whitmore appeared as Josh Brolin’s father on the short-lived NBC drama series Mister Sterling, for which he was nominated for an Emmy Award. Bob, as he was known, was an accomplished person who lived a full and successful life personally and professionally. He was born in Ohio in 1947 and raised in Southern California where he graduated with honors from Loara Highschool in 1965. As a boy from Anaheim he learned to surf and worked for a time at Disneyland scaring park goers on the famous Haunted Mansion ride.